Saturday, August 29, 2015

Hi, my name is Lex. I'm a fisherman.

From the coasts of New England to the muddy shores of the Chesapeake Bay, I am Lex Lesotho. I am a fisherman. I was raised in the cold waters off the coast of Gloucester, Massachusetts and learned what it meant to be a man in a tent at a Boy Scout camp in Rhode Island called Camp Yawgoog. In that tent, I learned how to properly twirl a line around my ring finger and create a net that would capture some of the most notorious predators.

Commercial fishing for a living takes a toll on a person and after many decades fishing the coasts of pastoral New England, I moved south.

It was this year, in 2015, that I moved my 56ft trawler to a berth on an inlet to the Chesapeake Bay and met a fellow traveler that shared many of the same opinions as I have. Being that he is extremely comfortable with the internet, he suggested that we begin "blogging" together.

This blog will be our shared insight to Virginia and all the things we have learned and continue to learn about the state that is obsessed with dogwoods, has a bird that St. Louis, MO is pissed about, a flag that drives mentally challenged people crazy, and a song which actually uses the word "Virginny" in a non-humorous manner.

Welcome to our humble blog and please take a complimentary condom at the door. I'd also suggest you try the mini corndogs. Those things are the shit.

Welcome to the Coastal Plains.

No comments:

Post a Comment